Streamline and automate international and domestic travel payments with virtual payments from WEX Travel. Our travel payment solutions can help OTAs, travel agents, and travel companies save money on international payments, reduce accounting workload, and improve supplier relationships.
How it Works
WEX pioneered virtual payments for the travel industry, and now serves the world’s largest OTAs. We use virtual card technology to increase efficiencies and simplify international payments.
Virtual card numbers (VCNs) are single-use card numbers that can be used to make payments to any supplier that accepts Mastercard®. They’re a secure and controlled payment method available as real-time payments or batch payments.
Virtual cards integrate with your existing payment system seamlessly, so there is no need for additional hardware or software.
With WEX Travel, you can:
- Make payments in 21 currencies and reduce fees
- Prevent overpayments; control when/where payments are made
- Configure approval workflow to ensure purchasing compliance
- Automate accounting reconciliation (true single use, not rotating)
- Improve reporting and accounting with enhanced data capture
- Improve per booking profitability via revenue share
- Integrate seamlessly with existing systems
Our single-use virtual card technology enables faster and easier payments to your suppliers.
At the time of booking, you simply request a single-use virtual card number to be created. The VCN is sent to the supplier and processed just like a traditional credit card. The supplier charges the payment card and reporting data is sent back to you. If you’re making a payment to an international supplier, there is no need for international wires or checks, and you reduce your foreign transaction fees.
“WEX is not your typical bank. They’ve offered better service and better technology, and they customized their solutions to adapt to our highly specific needs. Working with WEX has been a win-win all around, for both us and our suppliers.”
– Senior Director of Financial Operations, Expedia